1. What material is GAKIBI ALC made from?
Sand, cement, lime, gypsum, aluminum powder,
2. What technology is GAKIBI ALC produced according to?
ALC block is produced according to Autoclaved lightweight concrete (ALC). This technology was invented in Sweden in 1924 and is widely used in most developed countries all over the world, such as more than 80 years in Europe, more than 40 years in the Far East and the Middle East, more than 20 years in Australia and America, America from the 90s of the last century, from the year of 1990 of the last century in the ASEAN countries (Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia).
3. How many kinds of ALC block are there in the market of Vietnam?
Currently, there are two kinds of ALC block which are foam concrete and aerated concrete.
The foam concrete:
- The main materials are sand, cement and foaming agent.
- Produced with outdated technology, nature crafts, product quality is unstable, depent on the weather which can lead to provide product slowly.
- The main materials is sand, lime, cement, gypsum, aluminum powder.
- Produced with autoclaved lightweight concrete (ALC), stable quality, not dependent on the weather. The ability to provide fast
4. What is efficiency of using aerated concrete ALC GAKIBI for construction works?
Using GAKIBI ALC for construction will be reduced about 15% of the total load and saved 12-20% of structural foundation, 15-20% of the volume of steel for frame structures and column, shortening the construction time up to 30%. Energy saving of air-conditioning, soundproof, fireproof, minimize damage, high durability.
5. What is different between method of wall construction using GAKIBI ALC and using common ceramic brick?
Construction using GAKIBI ALC is basically similar to using common ceramic brick. It just asks builders to know the basic manipulation techniques. Due to the large and accurate size of GAKIBI ALC and being used together with dedicated mortar, dedicated mortar so the building technique and tools are different from tools of ceramic brick (the GAKIBI ALC brick construction tools are designed in accordance with the size of bricks, effective complementary which reduces the amount of mortar, stucco, fast manipulation and construction...)
6. What are the outstanding features of GAKIBI ALC compared with common ceramic block?
7. Will Weight of GAKIBI ALC increase much after water absorption and is the evaporation rate of GAKIBI ALC fast or slow?
Although the material is lightweight, porous, floating on the water but GAKIBI ALC has water absorption rate from 15-40% (depending on temperature, environment humidity). However, the evapotranspiration is very fast as GAKIBI ALC has many interconnected pore to ease moisture and water diffusion in the normal environmental conditions.
8. Might walls built of GAKIBI ALC be hung with items and equipments?
GAKIBI ALC has full convergence of factors features and advantages that common ceramic bricks do not have. Therefore, you can completely secure to hang items and equipments on a wall built of GAKIBI ALC.
9. Can GAKIBI ALC be used to build for high humidity areas?
At locations with high humidity and exposed to water as toilet wall, external wall ... ALC GAKIBI still meets as the requirements as common ceramic bricks. We recommend that customers should only use mortars, GAKIBI ALC’s mortar to ensure waterproofing, anti-cracking to walls better.
10. With many advantages but why is ALC begun to produce and use in Vietnam ?
As the investment costs ceramic brick is low, poor quality, is used extensively by habit and not having alternative breakthrough products. Currently, the resource extraction of clay used for making bricks as a matter of social problems, destruction of natural resources, food security... besides production costs is increasing due to resources depleted, small scale, fragmented, limited; the limited policy of the Government and gradually eliminates manufacturing ceramic bricks... Along with aggregate cement bricks, ALC is introduced with modern production scale, with many advantages and friendly environment, in line with the direction of social development. ALC is an effective and breakthrough alternative product...